Development engineer (m/f/d) in the pre-development of control technology for drive systems
What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced and passionate development engineer (m/f/d) in the field of control, simulation and optimization of brushless electric drive systems in hand-held power tools.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
With your sound knowledge, you will work in a highly qualified, interdisciplinary team consisting of electronics engineers, drive experts, simulation and software engineers on new control algorithms for hand-held power tools. Your core area of responsibility will be the design of new, especially sensorless control strategies for electromechanical brushless drive systems. In addition to your development activities, your daily work will include the preparation of requirements, coordination within project teams and documentation of your work results.
You will act as an innovation driver in our team and, in addition to technology projects, will implement your own ideas for future-oriented differentiating features and efficient drives in Hilti products.
The advertised position is a development position: The tasks described above will give you the opportunity to demonstrate and develop your management skills. A next possible planned step can be a leadership position in 3 to 5 years.
What do we offer?
We attach great importance to a good work-life-balance for our employees. That is why Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH offers a comprehensive and individual benefits package:
- Individual career and development opportunities
- Company pension (employer-financed)
- (Corporate) health management
- Flexible working arrangements and teleworking
- Employee share in company success
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
Why should you apply?
Your openness to new technologies and your broad expertise, you will make you an ideal addition to our pre-development team. Through your independent way of working, you will inspire your environment and produce solutions for our series development.
What you need is:
- Completed degree (Master, PhD) in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, drive technology/robotics or related fields
- Minimum five years’ professional experience in a development department and initial experience in the technical management of projects
- In-depth knowledge in at least one discipline of drive technology (control technology, drive simulation, etc.)
- Proficiency in common simulation tools such as MATLAB/Simulink
- Strong analytical mindset with an affinity for practical activities
- Perseverance, goal orientation and a high level of self-initiative
- Very good communication skills in an international environment
- Very good command of English
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Miriam Klocker I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”