Development Engineer Microsoft (m/f/d) Measuring
What's the role?
In our newly established Software Center, the Global Software Development Team will shape Hilti's future. In your role as Development Engineer (m/f/d/), you will also make an important contribution to software development by working proactively with designers and product owners.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
In our IoT department we develop innovative Embedded Software Solutions, Mobile Apps and Measurement Technologies - through our technologies in application software we take our customers to the next level of the technological progress.
With 30,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
In collaboration with our hardware development teams, you integrate Microsoft applications into measuring sensors, tools and data formats to achieve state-of-the-art solutions.
You translate business needs into technical designs/solutions while working closely with the development and architecture teams. Furthermore, you also ensure that development guidelines are followed and designs are clean, scalable and maintainable. For less experienced team members, you are a mentor and support them in their development.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- Flat hierarchies
- Internal mentoring program
- Company Bike
- Subsidy for monthly and annual public transport subscriptions
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
Why should you apply?
We are looking for your motivation to gain knowledge and your courage for challenges. You are passionate about development engineering and you want to grow while creating positive impact on building a sustainable future. You are looking for a fantastic and trendsetting environment with exciting technological aspects and perspectives
What you need is:
- University degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of relevant C# and .net software engineering experience
- Working knowledge with WPF framework or related technologies
- F# or other functional languages is a plus
- Unit testing methodologies and tools e.g. Moq, AutoFixture, BDD, TDD
- Working knowledge of development toolchain i.e. Visual Studio, Git, Jira, Bitbucket, etc.
- Hands-on experience with SOLID principles and design patterns e.g. MVVM
- Close collaboration with Product Owner, UX designer, Architect, Developers and Testers
- Experience in Agile / Scrum or Kanban would be a plus
- Independent and self-organizing; experienced working in virtual teams
- Strong proficiency in the English language
- Following optional competences are highly favoured: Experience with CAD SDKs e.g. ODA / Teigha or AutoDesk, Experience with BIM and IFC, Experience with DirectX or OpenGL, Experience in C++
Take up the next challenge and start your career with HILTI! We are always looking for employees for a long-term cooperation.
Here you will find current information on how to apply and join HILTI during COVID 19: https://careers.hilti.de/de-de/covid.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Vivien Wildt I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact email@example.com.