DevOps Engineer Embedded Software Development (m/f/d)
What's the role?
With your passion for software development, you will take over ownership over the complete DevOps toolchain. In this role you are part of an international agile software development environment. You are driving definition, specification and implementation of our DevOps environment in the field of embedded software development for our power tools.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
From the pre-development of our own motors, electronics and firmware, to series-maturity - our intelligent mechatronic systems come from our own research and development laboratories.
With 30,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
You are responsible for the continuous further development of our existing DevOps environment in the field of embedded software development for power tools. You collaborate closely with colleagues from global IT as well as the development teams for embedded software. You understand the needs of stakeholders and translate those into requirements and specifications for the common CI/CD pipeline. As part of the continuous improvement of the DevOps infrastructure, you evaluate, select, integrate and configure new tools. Moreover, you develop scripts and specific extensions by your own.
You will take over ownership over the complete DevOps toolchain and allow the development teams to efficiently develop high quality software for Hilti power tools on time. Your tasks will give you the opportunity to show and develop your skills. After a few years, there will be a variety of opportunities for further development.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- In-house fitness area with training courses
- Language courses
- Flexible working arrangements
- Subsidy for monthly and annual public transport subscriptions
- Free charging pole for electric cars
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Subsidy for childcare
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
Why should you apply?
If you are passionate about software engineering and want to grow while creating positive impact on building a sustainable future, you want to apply for this job
What you need is:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, Electronics, or relevant engineering disciplines
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the field of DevOps
- Good knowledge in continuous integration, continuous delivery and the related tools
- Good knowledge of scripting languages, e.g Python
- Experience state-of-the art software development engineering practices (Agile, scrum, Kanban)
- Knowledge of embedded software development, microcontrollers of hardware is an advantage
- Very good technical knowledge and excellent problem-solving ability
- Flexible, self-organised, proactive team player
- Good communication skills with English
Take up the next challenge and start your career with HILTI! We are always looking for employees for a long-term cooperation.
Here you will find current information on how to apply and join HILTI during COVID 19: https://careers.hilti.de/de-de/covid.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Miriam Fries I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.