Electric Motor Design Engineer (m/f/d)
What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Electric Motor Design Engineer (m/f/d) with expertise in the field of brushless permanent magnet motor design and the integration of off-the-shelf motors into electric drivetrains.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
From the pre-development of our own motors, electronics and firmware, to series-maturity - our intelligent mechatronic systems come from our own research and development laboratories.
With 30,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
With your sound knowledge, you will work in a dynamic, highly qualified, interdisciplinary team consisting of electrical and mechanical engineers, drive experts, simulation engineers on the development of brushless electrical motors for hand-held power tools. Your core area of responsibility will be the creation and evaluation of motor technologies as well as the development of power dense, efficient and robust electric motors. You will lead the electric motor design process of project-specific motors to meet specific product requirements. To achieve this, you will work on the continuous improvement of our design methodology and simulation tools. In addition to your motor technology development activities, your daily work will include the design & support of motor tests, the preparation of requirements, the coordination within project teams and the documentation of your work results.
You will act as an innovation driver in our team and, in addition to technology and platform projects, will implement your own ideas for future-oriented differentiating features and efficient motors in Hilti products.
With this professional responsibility, you have the opportunity to develop your skills and thus advance your career quickly.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- Fitness and health offers
- Language courses
- Flexible working arrangements
- Company Bike
- Subsidy for monthly and annual public transport subscriptions
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Subsidy for childcare
- Summer holiday care for children
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
Why should you apply?
With your openness to new technologies and your broad expertise, you will make an ideal addition to our motor development team. Through your independent way of working, you will inspire your environment and produce solutions for our series development.
What you need is:
- University degree (Master, PhD) in electrical engineering, electrical machines, electric drive technology with specialization in electrical machines
- Minimum five years’ professional experience in a development department and experience in the technical management of projects
- In-depth knowledge in at least one discipline of electric drive technology (motor design, motor testing, motor control)
- Understanding and knowledge on both electromagnetic theory of electrical machines and motor control theory
- Sound knowledge in 2-D & 3-D static and transient electromagnetic FEA to model detailed aspects of brushless permanent magnet motors
- International experience especially with development partners in Asia is an advantage
- Strong analytical mindset with an affinity for practical activities
- Perseverance, goal orientation and a high level of self-initiative
- Very good communication skills in an international environment
- German skills beneficial
Take up the next challenge and start your career with HILTI! We are always looking for employees for a long-term cooperation.
Here you will find current information on how to apply and join HILTI during COVID 19: https://careers.hilti.de/de-de/covid.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Miriam Fries I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.