Electric Motor Manufacturing Technology Engineer (m/f/d)
What's the role?
With your expertise in manufacturing technology and your strong technical background in the development of electric drives, you will support us in the transfer of our brushless motor designs into series production. You will assume responsibility for the success of your projects in relation to the project goals you have defined.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
From the pre-development of our own motors, electronics and firmware, to series-maturity - our intelligent mechatronic systems come from our own research and development laboratories.
With more than 29,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
You will work in a highly qualified, interdisciplinary team consisting of electrical and mechanical engineers, drive experts and simulation engineers on new brushless electrical motors for hand-held power tools. Your core area of responsibility will be the production-ready brushless motor design and the transfer process to series-production. In addition to your manufacturing and production technology development activities, your daily work will include the design & support of motor tests, the preparation of requirements, the coordination within project teams and the documentation of your work results.
You will act as an innovation driver in our team and in addition to technology and platform projects, will implement your own ideas for future-oriented differentiating features and efficient motors in Hilti products.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- Fitness and health offers
- Language courses
- Flexible working arrangements
- Subsidy for monthly and annual public transport subscriptions
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
Why should you apply?
With your openness to new technologies and your broad expertise, you will make an ideal addition to our motor development team. Through your independent way of working, you will inspire your environment and produce solutions for our series development.
What you need is:
- Completed degree (Master, PhD) in electrical engineering, electrical machines, electric drive technology or mechanical engineering with specialization in electrical machines
- Minimum five years’ professional experience in a development department and experience in the technical management of projects
- In-depth knowledge in at least one discipline of electric drive technology (motor design, motor testing, ...)
- Sound knowledge in manufacturing & production technology of BLDC electric motors
- Strong analytical mindset with an affinity for practical activities
- Perseverance, goal orientation and a high level of self-initiative
- Very good communication skills in an international environment
- Very good command of English
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Miriam Fries I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”