Electrical Engineer - Testing with focus on Embedded Systems and IoT
What's the role?
You have a great affinity for hands-on activities, want to grow further, set ambitious goals for this and want to further develop your skills in the verification of electronics with embedded software & IoT applications.
You feel comfortable in a test and lab environment and work together with an interdisciplinary and international team to develop innovative products. To overcome technical challenges, you will bring your analytical skills and problem-solving knowledge to the table - this includes coordinating and taking responsibility for testing our products from samples to production.
Show us what you can do and in return we will show you what the Hilti world has to offer.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
From the construction, simulation and design of the products, to the production of our own prototypes, to system testing and certification of our power tools - our innovation comes from our own research and development laboratories.
With 30,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
The focus of your role is on the development-accompanying testing and release of the hardware and software of power electronics, battery management systems and connectivity modules from the prototype stage to the start of series production. You are independently responsible for planning, execution and evaluation, as well as for the preparation of release documentation. This is done in close cooperation with the relevant development departments and partners worldwide. You present the results to the respective development teams and derive new test instructions and test technologies for our laboratory. Furthermore, you define standards for the release of the series test environment in cooperation with the quality department and represent the area of responsibility within the scope of worldwide factory audits at electronics suppliers.
In order to master your tasks successfully, you will be supported by a team for which you are technically responsible. You will motivate the team with your own enthusiasm, delegate and coordinate tasks and convey our Hilti values.
With this professional responsibility, you have the opportunity to develop your skills and thus advance your career quickly.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- Fitness and health offers
- Flexible working arrangements
- DB JobTicket
- Company Bike
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Subsidy for childcare
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
Why should you apply?
Innovative drives and safety functions are among the most important differentiating factors of our products. We are looking for you as an innovative support for our testing team to safeguard new developments. Your technical know-how, open-mindedness and quick comprehension perfectly complement our team.
What you need is:
- Completed studies in the field of mechatronics or electrical engineering
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience in implementing or verification of electronic systems (hardware and software)
- Programming experience in LabView and TestStand and advanced knowledge in methods of systematic product development and corresponding software tools
- International experience in the form of work experience, internships or semesters abroad
- Experience in the development environment of electric BLDC drives
- Several years of experience in technical management required, disciplinary management experience is an advantage
- Courage to make difficult decisions and take responsibility for actions
- High motivation to challenge and develop yourself and others.
- Team player with very good communication skills in a dynamic interdisciplinary and international environment
- Willingness to travel internationally, German is a plus
Take up the next challenge and start your career with HILTI! We are always looking for employees for a long-term cooperation.
Here you will find current information on how to apply and join HILTI during COVID 19: https://careers.hilti.de/de-de/covid.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Miriam Fries I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.