GLOBAL TRAINEE (f/m) - Outperformer Program Financial Track
What's the role?
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate talents to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer Program is a global management development rotational program like no other, with real responsibility from day one. The financial track is part of the commercial track and addresses next leaders in Finance.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a two-year rotational program, where you’ll quickly be involved in a range of projects, with lots of exposure to senior management. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll closely coach and mentor you. The program is split into four main stages of work:
-12 months as an Account Manager in Germany
-6 months on a finance project that fits your skills.
-6 months on an international finance project. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll likely work in an emerging market and vice versa.
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, you could have the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management with an unlimited contract. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a certificate from IMD.
Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioural profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia.
Why should you apply?
Ours is a high-performing culture for very driven people. If you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s not a problem. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- You’ve recently graduated, or you’re preparing to graduate, with a master’s degree or PhD.
- Your degree is likely to be in business management, but we’ll consider subjects like engineering, economics, politics or international studies if you can prove you have a mind for our business.
- You’ve spent at least three months, and up to two years, in a professional environment, like an internship, apprenticeship or work experience, or have just started your career and want an opportunity where you can perform well and progress.
- You need to be fluent – both written and oral - in German and English plus another language.
- You want to start your career after your trainee ship in an international location.
- You’ve gained international experience during work or studies abroad.
- You’re mature and assertive, curious and committed. You’re a flexible team player with good communication and social skills. You’re a global thinker, interested in general management topics, keen for intercultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
Application deadline is Jul 25, 2019. We will continuously review incoming applications and will have a multilevel selection process incl. an assessment center on Sep 10-12, 2019 which takes place in Kaufering near Munich.
Tempted to apply or find out more?
Go to careers.hilti.com/outperformer. We are looking forward to your application.
For any further questions, please contact email@example.com.
“You have access to Hilti’s most senior leaders - to the executive board and to the top local leaders too. It really helps with developing your own career, as you can find out about all the different roles and paths they’ve taken.”