R&D Chemist for polymer-based development (m/f/d)
What's the role?
We are looking for a dynamic team player (m/f/d) with formulation expertise in the field of polymer formulations.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
From the research of new technologies to the development of market-maturity, innovative system solutions in the field of fastening and fire protection - our products are tested and optimised with the most modern laboratory equipment.
With 30,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
In our Research & Technology Chemistry department, you develop new complex chemical formulations for polymer-based fire protection products, together with a motivated and interdisciplinary project team. You draft test plans, set up experiments, guide laboratory chemists (m/f/d) and actively collaborate in the laboratory. With your expertise in the formulation process of polymeric compositions and your ability to quickly familiarize yourself with complex topics, you contribute to the project success and thus to the introduction of new, innovative products. Thereby, you closely collaborate with different business areas as well as external partners and present your results in a target group-oriented manner in project and steering meetings.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- In-house fitness area with training courses
- Flexible working arrangements
- DB JobTicket
- Company Bike
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Subsidy for childcare
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
Why should you apply?
We are looking for a committed and creative chemist (m/f/d) who challenges the status quo to develop innovative fire protection products.
What you need is:
- Master’s degree (chemistry, chemical engineering, material sciences or similar)
- At least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in product development
- Knowledge in the formulation of filled polymer compositions
- Ideally, knowledge in the area of paints/coatings/foams
- Competent handling and sound experience in the relevant working methodologies (e.g. chemical formulation, drafting test plans, statistical experimental design, test methods, simulation methods) and with relevant tools
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, strongly target-oriented working style and affinity for practical activities
- Team player with excellent communication skills in an interdisciplinary and international environment
- German language skills are a plus
Take up the next challenge and start your career with HILTI! We are always looking for employees for a long-term cooperation.
Here you will find current information on how to apply and join HILTI during COVID 19: https://careers.hilti.de/de-de/covid.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Miriam Fries I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact email@example.com.