Robotics Software Engineer (m/f/d)
What's the role?
We are looking to hire a dynamic and hands on software developer (m/f/d) who will implement the next generation software platform for construction robotics. You will be part of our Open Innovation & Robotics team which is spearheading our corporate innovation in mobile robotics.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
In our IoT department we develop innovative Embedded Software Solutions, Mobile Apps and Measurement Technologies - through our technologies in application software we take our customers to the next level of the technological progress.
With 30,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
As one of our Robotics Software Engineer (m/f/d) you will develop the next generation software platform for mobile construction robotics. In order to this, you will evaluate best practices and possible solutions, including design, implement and document our ROS-based Jaibot systems and maintain high code quality.
With your willingness to learn and to become part of a very dynamic high-performing international team at a highly reputable global organization, you will work on cutting-edge technologies, including sensor algorithms, autonomy, machine learning and many more.
Furthermore, you will collaborate and work with a team of internal and external developers to deliver the product on time and you will support our Mechanic and Electric development team to deliver the full-integrated Hilti robot platform.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- Flat hierarchies
- Internal mentoring program
- Fitness and health offers
- Flexible working arrangements
- Company Bike
- Subsidy for monthly and annual public transport subscriptions
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
Why should you apply?
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, where a job title is not considered a final destination but the starting point.
What you need is:
- Degree in Robotics, Computer science, Mathematics, or a comparable qualification
- 6+ years of experience in software development (e.g. complex embedded systems) and a strong track record as a software developer
- Strong practical experience with programming languages C++, Python and software development methods
- Practical experience with ROS, ideally gained through the industrialization and commercialization as well as deployment of robotic solutions is a great plus
- Broad understanding of systems architecture (hardware & software) as well as in integrated support systems (e.g. autonomy, safety, localization) and development lifecycle
- Any experience in Machine learning, Neural networks and SW development for parallel computing is an advantage
- Outstanding communication skills, strong command of English (spoken and written), German is optional
Take up the next challenge and start your career with HILTI! We are always looking for employees for a long-term cooperation.
Here you will find current information on how to apply and join HILTI during COVID 19: https://careers.hilti.de/de-de/covid.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Vivien Wildt I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.