Senior UX/UI Designer (m/f/d)
What's the role?
You will be part of the software team changing the future of customer offerings at Hilti. In this role, you will strongly contribute to Hilt’s software & services customer value proposition. We are continuing to expand and evolve our service offerings to reinforce our position as a service innovator. As senior UX/UI designer (m/f/d), you will have the opportunity to shape our web & mobile apps for ON!Track - Hilti’s industry leading IoT asset management solution, alongside other UX team colleagues.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
From the pre-development of our own motors, electronics and firmware, to series-maturity - our intelligent mechatronic systems come from our own research and development laboratories.
With more than 29,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
Software/digital offerings are changing the way we & our customers do business – and the UX/UI designer (m/f/d) has the opportunity to shape this framework/interaction. Partnering with the broader teams you will support in designing our applications, creating interaction concepts, wireframes, workflows, etc. – aligned with the project ambitions & requirements. Further, you will guide less experienced UX team members supervising their work and support product owners with rapid prototyping to help validate design concepts and build UX/UI guidelines while collaborating with the market, development teams, and subject matter experts to improve the user experience of ON!Track.
In this fast-paced role, you will translate user needs as well as business & technical requirements into visually appealing, easy-to-use, and engaging designs while leading the team processes of user-centered design thinking throughout the project’s entire lifecycle.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- In-house fitness area with training courses
- Language courses
- Flexible working arrangements
- Subsidy for monthly and annual public transport subscriptions
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
Why should you apply?
You are passionate about UI/UX design and you want to grow while creating a positive impact on building a sustainable future. You are looking for a fantastic and trendsetting environment with exciting technological aspects and perspectives. The Hilti ON!Track team is vibrant, with energy and passion to build the best asset management solution in the industry.
What you need is:
- University degree, preferably in interaction design, user experience or a related field
- Min. 3 years´ of relevant experience in user experience, visual design or interaction designer role developing web-based and mobile app solutions
- Profound understanding of web & mobile design patterns and best practices
- Solid knowledge in user research, usability testing, prototyping and visual design with ability to design intuitive user experiences based on product requirements & vision
- Ability & desire to support & coach other UX/UI designers and supervise their work
- Demonstrated experience to break down and understand a problem, quickly and thoroughly create work flow diagrams, wireframes, design mock-ups and prototypes to effectively conceptualize multiple design directions and new product features
- Excellent Sketch software capabilities, efficiently using symbols and libraries
- Ability to effectively work with team members & customers around the globe in a virtual environment
- Excellent communication skills to share and explain insights and results in simple and powerful terms to a variety
- Strong proficiency in the English language
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Miriam Fries I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”