Test Manager IoT & Connectivity Solutions (m/f/d)
What's the role?
Internet of Things – Become a part of it! As Test Manager IoT & Connectivity Solutions you enjoy joining a committed and international team within an agile working environment in Hilti’s development centre close to Munich, Germany. You are the driving force for professional test management of Hilti’s IoT and connectivity solutions for connected power tools from concept to execution.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
In our IoT department we develop innovative Embedded Software Solutions, Mobile Apps and Measurement Technologies - through our technologies in application software we take our customers to the next level of the technological progress.
With 30,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
As a Test Manager IoT & Connectivity Solutions (m/f/d) you take ownership of the test and integration strategy for “Internet-of-Things” solutions for Hilti power tools. (e.g. devices and connectivity for Hilti’s asset management solution ON!Track). You will coordinate the test, integration and prototyping activities with external partners and international development and market organizations. Within this role you will have the full responsibility for functional and non-functional test management along the development cycle (manual and automated) for solutions that include hardware, embedded software, wireless and cellular connectivity, security, cloud platforms and web & mobile applications.
Through your deep functional expertise of IoT and connectivity solutions you plan, define and perform integration tests for the different IoT solutions in order to ensure a seamless interworking with Hilti backend solutions for a seamless customer experience. Next, you will be responsible for tracking the test progress and results and provide quality KPIs as a basis for release management.
This is the cutting edge of corporate innovation, where the pace is fast, fun, energetic and inspiring.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- Flat hierarchies
- Internal mentoring program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Subsidy for monthly and annual public transport subscriptions
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
Why should you apply?
With the user at the center of our efforts, we look for dedicated and highly skilled team members from diverse backgrounds. You enjoy taking on responsibility and enjoy working in interdisciplinary teams. As a strong communicator, you feel at ease communicating at different hierarchy levels, even in English, by addressing critical issues and achieve solution-oriented measures. If you have a high learning agility as well as strive to continuously improve processes, this is the perfect step to continue your career in an international company.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronic engineering and / or telecommunications
- Min. 5 years’ experience in defining test cases and test plans and testing distributed systems composed by connected devices, connectivity solutions, embedded services, gateways, cloud services and web/mobile applications
- Excellent knowledge of IoT standards and experience in developing, testing and releasing embedded and cellular products
- Quality mindset compared with critical thinking and attention to detail allows you to identify problems and propose resolutions under pressure
- Good knowledge of modern requirement engineering and testing tools (eg. JIRA, Jazz, Git, Confluence, Sharepoint)
- Familiar with agile project delivery methods in virtual, interdisciplinary, and globally distributed teams
- Demonstrating high customer focus, taking clear ownership, being a self-starter, having high problems-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English also towards senior management, a thirst to learn and challenge yourself
- Willingness for intercontinental travels
Take up the next challenge and start your career with HILTI! We are always looking for employees for a long-term cooperation.
Here you will find current information on how to apply and join HILTI during COVID 19: https://careers.hilti.de/de-de/covid.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Vivien Wildt I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.